Re:

To: JHa2297255@netscape.net
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:44:27 -0500
Cc: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
JHa2297255@netscape.net wrote:

> "I am making my own panel kit for my '59 Sprite.  I have cut the new
> panels and vinyl, but am not sure what type of adhesive will work to
> glue the vinyl down to the smooth surface of the panel board.

On Bugeye panels, use 3M #74 spray adhesive for the face. Spray the
panel and the vinyl then stick em together. Now for the back....
Use Formica (brand) contact cement. The flamable stuff not the water
soluable stuff. Weldwood also makes it but I found it not quite as good
as Formica brand.
Seal the entire back of the panel with the glue, this makes it semi
water resistant. One coat is fine. Use 2 coats on the vinyl edges and
edges of the panel where the vinyl goes. When the 2nd coat is dry to the
touch, stick it.
This also works on the dash covering.

For any overspray of #74, use paint thinner to clean it off. NOT lacquer
thinner as it will melt the vinyl. Any excess contact cement can be
rubbed off with your finger or pencil eraser and followed with a bit of
paint thinner.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ