1500 Engine weight

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 Engine weight
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:48:55 EST
I wasn't going to offer this vague insight but since the other responses are
even worse, here goes:

My 1500 engine came back from the machine shop with a water pump and main
pulley but no manifolds or flywheel.  My brother and I took it out of the
back of the truck and put it on an engine stand.  My guess is 350lbs.  It's
still on the stand and I wouldn't mind weighing it but don't have that big a
scale.   It's a lot heavier than it should be, keep in mind a MGB GT V8 was
lighter than the four cylinder model, which wasn't terribly different than
the 1500.

Mark M.

PS I know I've mentioned this before but my 75 Midget shell is off the stands
and waiting for my brother and dad to come over and help me put it atop my
pickup bed where it will travel to the local recycler.  If anyone wants it
there are perhaps 36 hours left.

Happy New Year!