Re: Photo needed

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Photo needed
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 21:26:04 -0500
Cc: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
James Gruber wrote:

> Does anyone have a photo that they could e-mail me of the top of the >
>steering column, with the steering wheel off, of a 62-67 Spridget.

62-64 had one kind of horn push, 65-67 had another, then 68-69 had still
another on the signal switch before the 70s when they went back to a
steering wheel center horn push of still another type.
Bugeyes thru 64 used a short contact very similar to the later 70s type
contact. 65-67 had a weird copper piece with a fat stubby thing coming
out of the column, 68 had a contact on the signal switch.
You will have to get a later steering wheel but the Sprites stopped in
69. Any later wheel will have an MG logo on the horn push. I don't know
if you can adapt the Sprite push from say a 67 to a 68 to make it work.
The center s/wheel boss on the 68/69 did not push in. then again the
later s/wheels used a different spline, as did the earlier Sprites.
It appears the 68/69s are unique. Of course replacing the whole column
assembly would solve any problems.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ