A couple'o things.

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A couple'o things.
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 05:45:59 EST
Well I finally found the guy in his shop who is selling me that old wrecked
Datsun 210 with the 5-speed.   I paid him his hundred bucks and he said he
would pull it out to where I could pick it up without his being there.  So
the junker is now officially mine!

I plan to find a way to haul it (the driver's side wheel has been wrecked and
is pointing 90 degrees away from the body, while the passenger side front
wheel is straight ahead.  Some damage to the rear undercarriage too but the
wheels are straight ahead) to one of a couple of places, then dismantle it.
I want the engine and drive train and some odds and ends off the car.  Frank
is interested in the rear suspension springs if they are undamaged.  Is there
anything else I should be looking to salvage off this chunk before I take the
rest to the crusher?  Oh--the wheels are pretty nice too--I will keep them
and sell them, maybe on ebay.

On another note--I did try the Mity-vac system at bleeding the Midget's
brakes, and I, too, get a non-ending stream of bubbles, no matter how well I
tried to seal the connection.  I have no idea where they are coming from, but
how in the h*** can anyone bleed a brake system while still getting bubbles?
Am going back to the wifey/hubby "now pump--now hold" system.

Have a good day!

--DAvid C
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."