Re: [midgetsprite] A couple'o things.

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] A couple'o things.
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:33:24 EST
I tried a vacuum bleeding system also with the same results.  I believe the
bubbles may have been coming in around the threads of the loosened bleeder,
or around the rubber sleeve fitting over the bleeder.  I have used another
bleeding system that as simply a cup with a cover that has a tube going to
near the bottom of the cup, and then a hose with the same type rubber sleeve
attaching to the bleeder.  You put enough clean brake fluid in the cup to
sumerge the end of the tube.  Then attach the hose to the bleeder and open
the bleeder.  As you pump the pedal, the fluid in the cup prevents air from
going back into the brake line.  when you get clear fluid, close the bleeder
and remove the hose.  These are available at many auto parts stores.  Good
luck

John O'Brien
'61 bugeye
'65 BJ8