Re: NO LBC content, but car related

To: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net, Bree Anna <breeanna1012000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: NO LBC content, but car related
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 04:56:35 -0500
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hello Bree,

Bree> Listers,

Bree> All it would do is make "clicking"
Bree> noise,,I let it set for a few minutes and tried
Bree> again to no avail.

Bree> After I got home, I went to the shop where I purchased
Bree> my battery, as it was still in warranty.
Bree> They checked it, they said it showed it was ok..
Bree> but yet it wouldnt hold a charge and as sooon
Bree> as you turned the ignition off and then tried to
Bree> start it again, it wouldnt start. It would only
Bree> make the clicking noise.

Bree> So what do you think my problem is or was?

My guess is that it is a bad solenoid or a bad starter.  Usually when
you just get a clicking sound, if you whack the starter you can get
the car to start.  May work once, may work 100 times.  I think you will
get the same failure mode (the click, but no start) with your new
battery.  Only time will tell.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

"The liver is evil, it must be punished"
77 Midget
02 Irish Terrier