Re: NO LBC content, but car related

To: w.gilroy@verizon.net, breeanna1012000@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: NO LBC content, but car related
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:55:49 EST
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/11/03 2:06:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
w.gilroy@verizon.net writes:

> My guess is that it is a bad solenoid or a bad starter.  Usually when
> you just get a clicking sound, if you whack the starter you can get
> the car to start.  May work once, may work 100 times.  I think you will
> get the same failure mode (the click, but no start) with your new
> battery.  Only time will tell.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, Bill, but I disagree.  Usually when you get the clicking sound, it is
because the battery si too low to turn the starter.  You have enough juice to
click the solenoid, but not turn over the engine.  If you keep trying, the
clicking will also go away.

That is not to say that a bad starter could not be the problem, it certainly
could, but I've had LOADS of low battery clicking experience, between me and
my 4 kids!!!

Replace the battery and have the charging system checked.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)