Re: ID Info

To: "Pete Towell" <ralph.towell@earthlink.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ID Info
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:59:55 -0800
Pete,

Someone obviously reproduced the chasssis plate  and copied the right door
pillar number, but

this is not all bad news...

The BAE number on the right door pillar is a number recorded by BMIHT. If
it is indeed the originla door plate. you can get the original chassis
number by sending for a BMIHT certificate.

more info on what I am talking about here:
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/GarageContent/BMIHTinfo.htm

at the bottom of the page is a link to the BMIHT website too.

Gerard
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm

At 7:07 PM -0500 1/11/03, Pete Towell wrote:
>I have a '59 Sprite with an unusual chassis number. Both the plate on the
>inner wheel arch and the right door frame match, but the number BAE 36047 does
>not match any of the references I am aware of.
>
>Appreciate any information that anyone in the group may have to shed light on
>this anomaly.
>
>Pete Towell
>Merritt Island, FL

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rental Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com