Old F***t's

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Old F***t's
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:33:47 -0500
    This isn't one upmanship Nory, but we didn't have a radio in our
house till I was 11, and our first black and white TV arrived when I was
18.  By which time I was doing my national service in the British army.
We got our first telephone when I was about twenty one, and I remember
my mother staring at it willing it to ring, but of course it never did
because every one we knew didn't have a phone.
    My first taste of a hamburger came in 1957 just after my wife and I
migrated to Canada, we bought it at a place called The Red Barn.  The
pizza came much later, and while we enjoyed the stuff on top, the
cardboard it sat on gave us indigestion.  Our two kids were not allowed
to leave the dinner table until everyone had finished, how things have
changed, now our six grandchildren come and go to the dinner table like
it was a chinese buffet.
    There is a great deal more, but I don't want to bore everyone
further with my family life, and needless to say I am a good deal older
than Nory.
    A true old F***t    Mike