RE: firewall numbers

To: "Manewell, Brett" <Brett.Manewell@au.chh.com>, "'Gerard'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: firewall numbers
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:32:00 -0800
Brett,

I'm well aware of all the locations and significance of chassis and body
numbers. I am trying to explain to  someone who has a '58 Bugeye with none
of the original plates, the exact location of the stamping in the sheet
metal at the footwell to get a rough idea of where in production the car
may be. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". BTW, Bugeyes do
not have a stamping at the shock absorber.

Gerard