RE: firewall numbers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: firewall numbers
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:58:38 +1100
Sorry Gerard,

As I'm new to the autox list, I wasn't aware of your level of knowledge of
Sprites.  I'm sorry if it sounded like I was trying to teach you to suck
eggs.

Maybe those cars sent to the US weren't stamped towards the fron t of the
chassis, but my understanding was that this area was a constant in the early
years (at least through Mk1 and Mk2).  For Australian assembled cars the
firewall stamping was done in Australia, at the time of asembly.

This page http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/sprite/spriteident.htm
on the Midget and Sprite Club website shows where the plates were affixed,
but not the direct stampings to the panels.

On our car there is a firewall stamping, between the bonnet hinge (Mk2) and
the guard.  These can be either side of the hinge, within about 6 inches.  I
can't confirm if this is consistent with the Bugeye.

But then I guess you know this and are just looking for a graphical
description.

regards
Brett