Re: Cam Install

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Jackson Zimmermann" <JZIMMERM@albemarle.org>
Subject: Re: Cam Install
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:13:39 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
OK... so here's the deal... this is entirely possible to do, as I did it on
my race car in the trailer last year. Front end of the motor's got to come
off to get to the timing chain & gear, and the oil pan.

I managed to keep the lifters up in their bores by using cam lube...the
sticky red stuff you use to break in a cam. You also have to carefully
maneuver the cam thru the bearings, and take great care to know where the
star drive is. You'll find yourself rotating the crank into various
positions in order to get your hand into the right places.

Its not an easy job, but "doable".

WST