Re: Harbor Frieght Tools (cheep angle grinders)

To: cbking@alum.rpi.edu, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Harbor Frieght Tools (cheep angle grinders)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:08:16 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
cbking@alum.rpi.edu writes:

> Chicago electric is NOT a brand name, it's not even from chicago
> >unless there is a chicago over in china.
>
> True, but I bought a chicago electric angle grinder for $20, and it's held
> up fine for what I do. If it dies soon, I still got two years out of it and
> to replace it is just another $20.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually, it's better to go to Carlisle and buy the $6 angle grinders.
(Available at most of the tool vendor booths.)  Buy 3 or 4 of them.  You can
keep different types of disks in each one so you don't have to keep changing
them for different jobs.  Since they're all made in the same factory in China
or Taiwan, including Chicago Electric, they are all about the same quality.
(Or lack thereof.)  You can also check www.homier.com for cheep angle
grinders, but you have to pay shipping.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward