Re: Brake caliper piston, plated?

To: spridgetlist <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake caliper piston, plated?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:34:54 -0800 (PST)
Thanks all for your replies. They are steel, and too magnetic to be stainless.
I expect to return them unless I get a bunch of replies saying they're great as
is (none so far).
Regarding why I bought by mail... Yes, Portland and Oregon have several great
local sources (thanks for all referrals), which is something I strive for in
the rest of my dealings. Unfortunately I vascillate inconsistently between the
"we tight" and "we righteous" mindframes. Add to that suppliers that aren't
consistent quality and I get that "I wish I hadn't done that" feeling on a
regular basis. Ah well, I'm only 41 and this is my first major car project -
things will improve as I go along, as long as I'm Patient, Persistent, and Pay
attention.
- GT / 73 Midget / Portland, OR
 James Kleemeyer <jkk@adams.net> wrote: Okay, I'll ask the "Mr. Obvious"
question here. Are they steel? I don't
think I've ever seen steel pistons that weren't chrome plated, either.
Phenolic pistons, though, are dark grey colored.

Jim K.