Holes in trunk?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Holes in trunk?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:14:24 -0500
Question for listers...
When I open the trunk/boot of my '68 Midget and look towards the back, there
are two 1/2" holes on right hand (passenger) side.
They look factory cut, (although the p.o. of my car made some very interesting
"modifications," this isn't one of them...) and I think they my be there to
strap something down(?).  My owners manual makes no mention of what would go
there and I have seen some '68 models that have the holes and some without.
Inquiring mind wondering about little things.

Thanks in advance,
Michael Lott (mostly lurking/learning)
Compton, CA
1968 Midget