Re: Holes in trunk?

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Holes in trunk?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:09:17 -0600
Frank,
As you know, right, left, front and back refer to those directions from the
position in which you would operate the equipment in question. Thus, for
most of the car, back would indeed refer to "closer to the rear bumper". In
the case of the trunk of a square-body Midget, however, we must assume that
it is a separate entity which is operated while standing by the back bumper
and front and back become reversed while right and left remain the same. So,
the "back" of the trunk would be the most inaccessible part, which is
furthest from the rear bumper. The Bugeye, having a black hole rather than a
trunk, is the exception to this rule. Therefore I believe that the holes to
which Matthew had reference would be the holes used to vent the point
department of the electric SU fuel pump. I have been wrong before.

David Lieb
RWA Midgets