Re: gas tank cleaning

To: David Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: gas tank cleaning
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:31:54 -0500
Cc: Alex Volk <talla@TELUSPLANET.NET>, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Carpenter wrote:
> You're scaring me Frank. Fumes be what go BOOM!
Now you know why I do it outside on the Barby!
My wife didn't like the smell when I did it on the kitchen stove ;)
And it will not go boom as long as there is water in it.
To go boom, the flames have to touch the fumes.
Do NOT attemp this with just a bit of water, it will boil out and then
go boom.
No I have not BTDT (yet) But I have boiled out 3 inches of mung from a
couple tanks. And it works great on any rust flakes.
And as a member in good standing of the we tight club, it didn't cost
anything but a bit of propane.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ