Clutch advice please?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Clutch advice please?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:03:30 -0500
Midget 1500 - OK, had the dreaded sound of the fan hitting the radiator the
other day as I pulled up to a stop light.  Lasted about 30 seconds (long
enough for me to get the Midget stopped).  Searched and searched for signs
of anything hitting anything.  Nothing. I have heard that this is an
indication of a clutch problem, Has anyone experience this?

Now I have a slight vibration through the drivetrain. Question - Should I be
expecting a catistrophic(sp) failure of the clutch real soon, or should I be
able to drive it a while yet?  And if failure is to be expected, is there
any danger of this clutch failure causing some other damage?

Should I pull the engine now and replace the clutch (figuring that is what
the sound was and that is where the vibs is coming from)?

TIA

Brent
76 Midget - was daily driver
72/3 Midget - waiting in wings
71 Midget - W/O wings, on back in Garage