Re: SUV

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SUV
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:08:41 EST
In a message dated 2/21/03 5:59:49 AM, awboat@labyrinth.net writes:

<< If you don't like the law, do something to overturn them, maybe a
constitutioanal
amendment to allow people the "right" to smoke anywhere they damn well
please. >>

Luckily, it is harder to get Constitutional Amendments passed than it is
local ordinances and State Laws.  The Constitution has nothing to do with
such petty things as where you can smoke, and that's good.  Keeps the
do-gooders from bastardizing the Constitution with their special interests
concerning smoking, guns, sexual preference, etc.  It takes a little too much
ingenuity and legal skill to get that sort of crap approved by the Supreme
Court.  Otherwise we'd have lots of those constitutioAnal amendments--you
know, the ones for A$$holes.

The laws you cite covering smoking in restaurants, etc. are federal, state,
or local laws and ordinances, many of which are instigated by insurance
companies to reduce fire insurance costs.  And any private business can set
aside space for smoking and non-smoking--provided smoking in public is legal
in the first place--in California, thanks to the do-gooders, it isn't, even
if you can afford the cost of cigarettes, which are taxed unmercifully.

I don't smoke nor does Bob, but I have no problem with people who do.  I
agree with Brad that they should be treated better.  I am sorry about your
mother--however it WAS her choice to make--not yours.  15% of all smokers die
of smoke related diseases--yes 15%.  I quit going to concerts a long time ago
because, although you would be tagged in an instant if you lit a normal
cigarette, somebody always seemed to have marijuana going--and THAT
secondhand smoke does make me sick.  We drive an SUV, but we are thinking of
a MINI in addition to it because gas is getting so expensive and it would be
a hoot.  The Constitution doesn't address SUV's either.  Go figure.

BTW, I had a screaming headache last night when I was e-mailing, otherwise
every other word wouldn't have been misspelled--I apologize.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"