Re: new anti pollution law

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new anti pollution law
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 00:33:26 -0500
I did that too when I lived in California.  My car was registered in
Michigan in my father-in-law's name.  $53 a year for registration verses
California's $300.  Had some fun once though while visiting San Francisco.
The car was towed for a parking violation and I had to convince the local
gendarmes that a car with Michigan plates and registered in somebody else's
name really belonged to me :-).  Took some doing, but we finally convinced
them that we had borrowed the car from my father-in-law, paid the $20 ticket
and $80 towing charge and drove off.  Whew!

Rick