Re: new anti pollution law

Subject: Re: new anti pollution law
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:40:56 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I got pulled over by a Eugene, Oregon city cop, who did not know that the state
of Oregon issued special interest stickers to collector cars. He managed to
observe that there was no expiration date on my plate and strolled up to me
demanding to know "just what kind of sticker is that?" My reply, "a valid one",
was not what he wanted to hear. Next question "who issued it?". My reply "the
state of Oregon". We went round and round for about 20 minutes before he finally
let me go. I was sure I was going to be buried under the Rennsselaer County Jail
about 20 years ago when I was stopped at a check point. The cop asked "where are
your stickers?". Reply "stickers?" Cop "On your windshield." Reply "Gosh,
officer, it's against the law to put stickers on your windshield in Oregon." At
this, he took a closer look at my yellow & blue Oregon plates and told me to
enjoy my visit. Fortunately, he never asked to see my New York driver's license.
Kate