Re: anti-pollution in LA LA LAND. 16:20:21 -0800

To: pythias@pacifier.com (Bill L)
Subject: Re: anti-pollution in LA LA LAND. 16:20:21 -0800
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 05:42:11 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill L. writes, in part ".....they can't make
you RETROFIT..."

Well, unfortunately....THEY

can, Bill. As David Riker has already
pointed out. Why they chose a kit back
in the 70's that helped to eliminate CO
at the expense of polluting with HCC
(well - hydrocarbons, anyway) while increasing fuel consumption is a
mystery to me but probably shows the
level of education in this field that was
available back then. Pound per mile you
just had to be polluting more, rather than
less, whether by CO or whatever.

"They" can also legislate our cars off the
road as well. The only thing that stops
them is a public that will get together and
voice their opposition to this BS in mass
mailings to their representatives or, as
appropriate, in the courts.

I feel that when one of these guys identifies himself, every effort
should be
made to kick him out of office, by
whatever means is available. Considering
how few cars we must be talking about here, there are far more important
matters that this guy ought to be attending
to on behalf of those who elected him and
who's best interests he's SUPPOSED
to represent.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog