Re: RHD/LHD conversion

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RHD/LHD conversion
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 06:56:54 EST
In a message dated 3/3/03 8:29:35 PM, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

<<  do not forget new headlights!  due to the specific RH  or LH focus of the
> lights! >>

If you've ever driven a rhd car on the continent and got many, many angry
high beam flashes at night (even with a "conversion") you would know that the
head lights in GB are aimed to the other side of the road than they are for
lhd cars.  At very least the headlights will have to be reaimed so they
through light on the right side instead of the left.
But, I would leave the car rhd just to be different and unique.  I've driven
a rhd on the continent and it isn't bad except for two lane high ways when
you want to pass, then it becomes a trust thing with the copilot.  And I was
towing a caravan too.
JP
John Poynton
Havertown, PA