Re: Coils

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coils
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:14:14 -0800
DLB105 is approved. (non ballasted type)  I talked to the Pertronix tech
about
coils.  All you need to do for any non-ballasted coil, is to measure the

reisistance across the CB and SW terminals (plus and minus).  You need
at least 3
ohms.  My Lucas Sport coil measured out at 2.5 ohms, but the tech says
it should
work O.K., just check to see if the Pertronix unit in the dizzy is
getting hot to
the touch.  If it is, you may want to use the Pertronix FlameThrower
coil
designed for the unit.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite