Re: 1500 BIG valve lash pt. 2

To: ckotting@wideopenwest.com
Subject: Re: 1500 BIG valve lash pt. 2
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:05:01 -0800
Cc: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Guys,

Something is backwards here, it seems to me.  When you shave the head or deck
the
block, putting it together again will DECREASE the gap between the rocker and
valve stem.  Assuming that you didn't change the adjuster or push rods.

So, the initial query was a problem with way to much gap at the rocker.  Time to
look elsewhere for the problem.  Lifter missing?  Wrong push rod?  Pedestal not
seated right?  Wrong camshaft?  etc., etc..

Paul A