RE: Weber question

To: "Larry Pitts" <FUZZY95687@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h2DJja0K023057
Subject: RE: Weber question
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:37:14 -0800
>>>Send my regards to Gerard. I haven't talked with him for several
months. Tell him I still have a tranny and some rims for him when he's
ready. I understand his situation. The stuff isn't going anywhere.<<<

Just what Gerard needs, more rims :)

>>> I'm not sure my engine, with a stock head, will be hot enough for
the Weber 45.<<<
I bought my 62 with a 45DCOE on it. It's a stock 1275 with a 3-1 header,
Mallory Dual Point only no internal mods at all. I spent months trying
to get the carb problems sorted out (initial bog the biggest issue). I
finally rebuilt a 40DCOE I had and all my problems went away. Well,
except the fact that it runs a bit rich throughout the range. I've
almost got it dialed in though. I'll have to check my notes for how it's
set up but leaning the idle jets (45?) and going to an F16 emulsion
seems to have worked. I'm running 32mm chokes.

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com