(no subject)

To: judson@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:03:08 EST
Hi listers:

As some of you know, I am in the process of adding a Judson supercharger to
my 1275 engined bugeye.  I'm waiting for some modification parts to arrive
for the HS6 carb.  I have always put some lead substitute in the gas on this
car, because I don't know for sure if it has hardned valve seats or not.  My
question is, with the supercharger having an oiler that obviously sends it's
lubrication to the same areas the lead substitute gets to in the valves, do I
still need to add lead substitute?  Is it doing more than just lubing the
valves?  I am also planning to use octane booster in the gas to help prevent
detonation.  Since lead in the gas used to be used to boost the octane
rating, among other things, do I need both additives?

John O'Brien
'61 bugeye
'65 BJ8