RE: Still Clutch problems

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Still Clutch problems
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:57:39 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Still getting no where on this problem on the 71 Midget. I set the
Engine/tranny outside the car. Checked the direction of the clutch fork, pin
length - all okay. The throwout bearing is 1/32 from the pressure plate face
before depressing the clutch, so I can't extend the pin any or the t/o
bearing would be against the pressure plate at all times, and still wouldn't
engage the clutch far enough. It appears that the slave pin isn't retracting
as far as it should (a different problem, I guess). New clutch slave, new
clutch master cylinder, new hose, even trid a new t/o bearing. No results. I
am completely out of ideas to try next.

Bill Mantz