Front Fender to Body Shell Gap

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Fender to Body Shell Gap
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:37:44 -0400
Hi,

This might have been discussed before and I apologize for bringing the
subject up again, but can someone tell me what they use to prevent the crap
& crud being  splashed up from the front wheel getting in between the
fender and foot well area.

I have a half inch gap there, which has over the years accumulated mud that
has now rotted out the panel behind the kick panel on the passenger side.
On the Bugeye, this area is exposed when the bonnet is raised but
inaccessible on the later Midgets like my 1973 model where the bottom of
the fender behind the wheel is attached at the bottom to the body shell
sill. Is there a wide moulded rubber seal of any kind that would slip onto
the rolled edge of the front fender wheel arch? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Bob

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net