RE: Yokohama AVS Intermediate

To: "David C Littlefield" <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Yokohama AVS Intermediate
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:05:05 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
No, I won't have trouble with rubbing as I am already running 185/60 x 13...
and any DOT legal tire with tread is accepted with VARA... and I don't want
super sticky tires with the locked diff! Plus it's more fun to slide 8-)...
So it seems these tires are just the ticket- especially as I run the Bugeye
strictly for fun, and I have neither the talent nor the will to be a "front
runner"!

Thanks for the info, Bill!

Jac

David wrote:
That's a fantastic price for those tires.  I've heard nothing but good
things about them.  They are an excellent high performance street tire
that can be used for autocross and track day performance.  If I had a
street Midget that I was sure could handle the width I'd snatch a set in
a heartbeat.  For a racecar, they would not be near as grippy as the
A032R or any other R compound tire.  But they would certainly last longer
at a fraction of the cost.

Before you get too excited about them, though, check with your racing
organization.  If you are racing vintage, for example, they may not be
legal.  Some places allow "any street-legal DOT tire" with certain size
limitations while others have sanctioned only specific tires.

I think they would probably work fine on your Bugeye, although a 185 is
getting pretty fat and you might have some trouble with rubbing.

---