Re: STOP STOP Peace Activist Etiquette NO LBC

To: GMGoodman@aol.com, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com
Subject: Re: STOP STOP Peace Activist Etiquette NO LBC
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:22:21 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/25/03 5:35:35 PM, GMGoodman@aol.com writes:

<< Yes, I am new to the list....If I want accurate Healey info, of which I
need
plenty, I come to the list...If I want reguritated info from CNN, Fox or
MSNBC ...I guess I'll come to the list.  Surely I wouldn't want to censor
freedom of speech (as has been suggested)....get a life guys and gals.....
let's talk LBCs. >>

Since the situation comes up fairly often, there is another list for
Spridgets that tends only to car talk, and it might be the place for you.  As
far as David being unfriendly, this is an open list because we want it that
way--Mark (Majordomo) has provided the car-talk only list for people who
don't want talk of cats, guns, and politics.  Thus, your original note was
anything but friendly.  I would have written a similar note had David not
done so first.  We recognize that you might be a good guy, but your post
didn't come across that way, and David did not over-react, given the
existence of the mod list.  Your rebuttal, however, was unnecessarily
combative.

We have tried to preserve our little forum where we can put stuff like this
out every so often and discuss it.  We don't mind your leaving this list for
the mod list or digest, but please, just go without complaining.  It would
seem that your expertise should be helpful to us, but not at the expense of
what we are able to discuss on-list.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"