Re: Peace Activist Etiquette ...very little LBC (delete now if yo u don

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Peace Activist Etiquette ...very little LBC (delete now if yo u don't like rants)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:22:19 EST
In a message dated 3/25/03 9:05:20 PM, amy_curt@pacbell.net writes:

<< I give extra credit to my students for political activism, any activism.
I am a teacher, I have been teaching for almost four years, and  I own 2
LBCs.  This is my first posting to this e-mail ring. >>

Curtis:

A big welcome to you.  Sure wish I could believe you were the rule rather
than the exception in teachers, particularly in California.  Sounds like you
are one of the few that expects and encourages kids to think instead of
parrot back what they are told to think.  Sorry our wonderful governor has
determined that the only way to solve his budget deficit is to take it out of
education.  That's where a good sized slice of the pie in California goes,
and the only way some politicians see to cut costs is to do it where it is
most necessary and visible--teachers before administrators.  Hope you and
your wife are able to find suitable employment in the private sector or in
private schools where you will be more appreciated.

By the way,  how do you feel about cats and guns?  We don't have too many
Xers in our midst.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"