Re: Bugeye Windscreen HELP

To: GMGoodman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye Windscreen HELP
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:27:00 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
GMGoodman@aol.com wrote:
> I need to put a new windscreen on the bugeye....Is there a particular
> procedure I should follow...other than taking it to a glass shop for approx
> $150.....

I just had this done by a shop. $50 and a box of donuts ;)
It is easy enough to do yourself. Use wood or plastic pushing tools, not
a screw driver. I had the shop do mine cause I know the owner, he enjoys
old stuff on a Saturday as opposed to modern glue in glass. In fact, he
was explaining it all to his son while he/we were installing the glass.
Put the rubber on the glass for a day or so before begining the project.
(so I was told) On mine, the rubber didn't sit just perfect in the
rounded corners, Mike showed me a trade secret of using some excess of
the rubber lock strip to shove in between the glass and the rubber seal
to force the gasket up into the corners.
My deal was $50, no guaranty if it broke. I took him up on the offer.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ