Re: New head, new problem

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New head, new problem
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 05:29:30 EST
In a message dated 3/25/03 6:56:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@exit109.com writes:

> Nothing was changed prior to the head and this problem was not there
> before the new head went on.
> It does go away once I reach cruising or a steady speed.

Maybe a fuel problem in the float chamber of the carb(s)?  I wonder if , when
you change the flow of the head, it might require a change in the float level
in the carbs to compensate for more fuel delivery?  Just a thought.  Mine was
doing exactly that--cruising was fine--any forward trust and demand, like
acceleration, and she would sputter and "pulse"-- and I found a rusty fuel
filter and the float chamber was full of rusty debris.  Cleaned it out and it
runs great.

--David C.