RE:RV for towing LBC trailer

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:RV for towing LBC trailer
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 07:37:28 -0800
Spridgeteers,

Anybody on the list in the RV business? Or an experience RVer?.. I wonder if
now would be a good time to buy an RV? I am toying with the idea of
purchasing an "A" class... Questions...

1. Ideal length/engine for an RV capable to tow 3,000 pounds + of trailer,
car, spare wheels, tools, etc... and have space for four large dogs
inside!... Best with a diesel engine, right?

2. Are there any makes better than others, or/and are there variations in
quality between models?

3. Would a model with "slides" keep it value better or worse than a "non
slider"?

4. Best transmission? I assume they will all be automatic.

5. Extended warrantee desirable?

6. Best value - new or used?

7. How best negotiate the price? Is there a big mark up when new, or are the
dealers working with thin margins?

I never had an RV- and only drove a C class once... so any advice will be
welcome. Please feel free to take this off-list due to the non-Sprite
subject 8-)

Jac
---