Re: RV for towing LBC trailer

To: jleclainche@cox.net
Subject: Re: RV for towing LBC trailer
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:20:31 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
In a message dated 3/30/03 8:39:22 AM Mountain Standard Time,
jleclainche@cox.net writes:

> Anybody on the list in the RV business? Or an experience RVer?..

Not an experienced RVer, but I do know a little about trucks and heavy
vehicles.  Annice and Bob have the experience.

I will tell you to look out for what is called a "reskin".  This is an old
school bus or city bus with lord knows how many miles on the chasis, that has
a new RV body installed.  I would insist on a new chasis and would stay with
International or Bluebird if I were going class A.

If you are going diesel, all Catapiller, Detroit Deisel, and Cummins are good
engines, with the newest Allison automatics being the best transmissions.  If
you are traveling, the Cummins engine will be the easiest to get fixed on the
road as the basic engine design has not changed in decades and they are
popular among the truckers.

Class A...what DO you do for a living, and could you use an asistant?

Robert Houston

There is no better tonic for the heart than making a child smile.