Re: British Car

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: British Car
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:07:13 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Robert Duquette wrote:

> Also, noticed an ad in British Car for spark plug wires which look close to
> what I think is original.
> http://www.kingsborne.com/2fs.htm

having sold Foreign car parts in the early 70s, Kingsborne was the wire
manufacturer of the period.
But "original wires"? Just black wires with Lucas or Champion ends.
I was lucky enough to rais the Kingsborne (Brielle, NJ) warehouse when
they went out of business, or made the move to CA, anyway, I still have
some of the old Kingsborne NOS stuff. They made replacement oil filter
caps, locking and stock gas caps, key fobs, plug wires, badge bars and
some other misc goodies for all kinds of imports of the time.
Nice stuff, UK made, and nice people. The guy who helped me clean them
out even bought their Jag XJ6. Anybody need an NOS Kingsborne key fob
that says Austin? I think I still have a full bag of them ;)

> What's the secret of 'Zinc rich' paint?

Zinc, the mineral used to make galvinized coatings.
It is also used as the "expendable" metal on boat rutters and engines.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ