Re: 356 Handling NOW old vs. new sports cars

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, GreenBugeye@aol.com
Subject: Re: 356 Handling NOW old vs. new sports cars
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net, kgb2@centurytel.net, thistle_3619@yahoo.com, spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Man get out the asbestos underwear. I didn't mean to start a firestorm directed
at me.Article I refer to is in this month's Grassroots Motorsports. I must
admit, new technology runs circles around our LBC's. On the other hand, every
morning when I go out to the garage, pull the choke out, listen to the fuel
pump start clicking, strap myself in, and turn the key, I get a special rush of
adrenaline. I back out of the garage, put the car in gear and visions of Snoopy
going out hunting for the Red Baron flash through my brain. Bugsy's top has
been down since March 1 and other than days when it's been raining or snowing,
Bugsy's been out to run errands almost every day. I've been giving Cap'n Bob a
bad time because Bugsy's been out, sans top, no matter what the temps.
Yesterday, 36 degrees, gloomy, and I was out driving to the store. Neighbors
think I'm nuts and so does my S.O. But I love to drive this car. At the same
time, a S2000 wouldn't get near the winks, grins, and thumbs up that Bugsy
provides. The other day at a stop light, a guy in his mid '70s rolled down his
window, took a glance at my grey locks peeking out underneath my Austin Healey
Cap and with a big smile on his face said, "Ain't it nice to feel young!" and
gave me a big thumbs up. I smiled back, put Bugsy in gear and went off down the
road. Grin lasted on my face all day long.
We all want different things from our cars. Each and every one of us. I just
want to have fun and I'm enjoying life.
 "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net> wrote:Chris....

This IS a tough one! In the spirit of making the decision an easier
one...anyone in the family you think
might be interested?

Cap'n. Bob
'60 :{)

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH