Re: Off with their heads

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off with their heads
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:09:48 -0700
Robert Duquette wrote:

Is that bypass tube a special part, or something that a machine shop should
have around?

I had to replace mine on the 948.  I got one from MiniMania.  David Anton did my
head and said he had a hell of a time getting the old one out..  They sort of
weld themselves in from the heat.

Also, what's the best way to protect the engine id plate.  Remove it?  If
so, are those pins available to re-attach it?

Clarke Spares (Todd Clarke) can make a perfect repro ID plate for you and also
has the drive pins for the plates.  Todd says if you can't get the pins out,
grind them off and drive the remainder down in the hole.  There will be enough
room left in the hole to drive new pins in on top of the old ones.  You may have
to shorten the new pins a little.  (Exactly what happened on my 948)

Mike MacLean-60 Sprite