Re: fire extinguisher mounting?

To: "Josh" <JHa2297255@netscape.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fire extinguisher mounting?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:59:17 -0400
as time passes and you get in and out of the car you will realise that
nothing should ever be mounted on the darn tunnel.  on the floor in front of
the passenger seat, just behind the passenger seat  are 2 great places to
mount the extinguisher.  if you need it for any reason it should be within
arm's reach of you sitting in the car.  (SCCA kinda thing ?)
next!  the cheapie extinguishers that do not have a metal top or a metal
mounting bracket should never be installed in a car!  WHY?  if for any
reason you have an accident and the extinguisher breaks loose from a cheap
plastic mounting it becomes a missle if the plastic nozzle breaks in the
impact.  the very best extinguisher to have is a marine (US coast guard
approved) rated ABC i believe it's 2&1/2 or 3 Lb. extinguisher or a similar
size halon unit.   the US coast guard rated extinguisher has a metal top and
a metal mounting bracket.  check out boat shops for pricing.   they run from
20.00 to around 35.00 Appx.  .

chuck.