Re: footwell floor replacement help

To: <Ankitterer@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: footwell floor replacement help
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 06:26:08 -0500
> In a message dated 4/19/03 11:16:05 PM, dwramsey@worldnet.att.net writes:
>
> << I don't understand his problem either, the summer/fall catalog for the
> community college where I work list Auto repair 1,2,3 Auto body 1,2,3
> Auto painting 1,2,3 and Welding 1,2.  Sounds like enough classes for
> most people, the only requirement is they be taken in order. >>
>
> Didn't want to put it that way, but I'm sure you are right.  The community
> colleges are more than willing to make courses available.  And if you are
> really experienced, they will probably start you in Welding 2 or promote
you
> right away.  The big point is no credit.  For some reason, at least in
> California, not getting credit for a course means that they can bend the
> rules for you.  Some years back a friend with a PhD wanted an entry level
> computer course, which he petitioned the local community college to
register
> for without credit.  He was allowed to take the course, but the instructor
> insisted on calling him Dr. during the whole time.  Maybe an ego thing.

Annice,
I just received the catalog from the local community college. The index
jumps from "Authorized Sun Education Center" to "Autodesk Premier Training"
and from "Wedding Planning" to "Word Processing". There is no automotive or
welding content whatsoever, zip, zilch, nada. Ditto for the two high schools
in town. It is not an issue of making the courses available, there is no
facility, faculty, equipment, nothing.
David Lieb
Rwa Midgets