Re: VIN and paint removal then VIN Wrong Now DMVs

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN and paint removal then VIN Wrong Now DMVs
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:07:48 -0500
A scary thing happened to me last year. I went to the DMV to transfer the
titles of two RWA Midgets that I had acquired. All the way through the
process it was treated as two separate issues. On the 1972 I had to explain
to the clerk that this is what the Illionis title looked like back then,
since it is very different and she couldn't be bothered to actually read it.
The scary part, however, was a month or so later when I received my two
lovely new titles IN THE SAME ENVELOPE!!! This implies that someone actually
looked at them and saw that they went to the same address and person and
came to the conclusion that the State of Illinois could save postage by
sending them together. This display of competence shakes the very
foundations of American government! Heretofore I could always feel secure in
the knowledge that the Peterson Principle would prevent the government from
being able to effectiveky wield the powers that we have so casually dumped
on them. Now I am not so sure.
David Lieb