VIN Verification

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: VIN Verification
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 20:10:32 -0400 FILETIME=[69F8A7E0:01C31108]
I have not been following the line on the VIN and DMV that closely so I may
be missing the point, but it has been going on for a time, so I thought I
would relate my experience.  Purchased the Bugeye in New York, brought it
back to Michigan.  Our DMV said I had to have a policeman come see the car
to verify the New York title to the VIN plate before I could get it titled
and registered in Michigan.  He came, and a few donuts later, he signed
whatever form I had to have signed at the time.  The DMV took his
certification without question.  If this is the type of certification that
you are looking for, you might offer this up to the DMV.
Doug    ....o~'o