Re[2]: And the winner is....

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: And the winner is....
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 00:18:03 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello SDOliner,

Friday, May 2, 2003, 8:42:10 AM, you wrote:

SDOliner> In a message dated 5/2/03 7:58:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SDOliner> dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com writes:

SDOliner> When I was born my parents were still fresh off of the boat. When you
are
SDOliner> Jewsih you get a Hebrew name of a deceased relative and then a
secular name.
SDOliner> So in my case they needed an S and there was this nice dentist down
the
SDOliner> street named Seymour Schecter. They assumed that this would be a good
SDOliner> American name to have.

Reminds me of one of my fathers friends.  He is also Jewish and was
born and raised in Brooklyn.  Anyway his mother really liked the
superintendent of their apartment building.  So his name is, get this
"Joel Leroy Bernstein".  Now that is a name for a nice Jewish boy :-)

He is a really nice guy, drives an old Ford Falcon convertible.
He tells a story of the time, late one night, he was driving through
the Poconos  with the top down and he came around a bend in the road
only to see a large (250+ lb) black bear in the road.  He slammed on
the brakes and almost stopped in time.  Almost, he hit the bear at
about 5MPH.  As he sat in his convertible, with the top down, peering
over the hood, he almost wet himself when that bear stood up and stared
right back at him.  The bear eyeballed him for a good minute, walked
around the drivers side of the car, looked him right in the eye then
walked off into the woods.  To make matter worse he need a new grill
and had to have the radiator fixed.  Really funny to hear Joel tell
the story.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

"The liver is evil, it must be punished"
77 Midget
02 Irish Terrier