[Fwd: britfest-ivities?]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: britfest-ivities?]
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 18:59:06 -0400
Go to a really good hobby shop that specializes in R/C airplanes. There is a
fiberglass resin product on the market that is perfect for what you need to do.
It adheres to the glass with only a very thin (skim) coat and sands quite
easily. Fills the cracks and crevices... I'm sorry but I don't know the name of
it but I have seen it used on fiberglas fuselages in the hobby.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget

not only is it a bit warped but covered with typical hair line cracks rather
typical to 1950's fiberglass stuff.  i have to accept it is just not a
candidate for that type of finish unless it gets completly skinned in putty and
i refuse to put putty on 'glass!  *sigh*

chuck.