Re: Britfest redeux - my lovely drive home (not)...

Subject: Re: Britfest redeux - my lovely drive home (not)...
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 21:37:13 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>   Did I mention that losing
> brakes isn't any fun?

I had a similar experience the last time I drove mine. I had just driven her a
few days before, and everything was working perfectly. Hopped in to drive my
grandson to school so he could impress the girls with his coolness. Got into
town,slowed for the stop light, brake pedal goes "clank". Not a good sound.
E-brake & good downshifting stopped her smoothly enough so that grandson never
knew there was anything amiss. Got him to school & returned home safely. No
brake
fluid. No sign of any leaking brake fluid. Refill master. Get enough pedal that
can relocate car to a better location to button her up for winter. Brakes -
can't
live with 'em, can't drive without 'em.
Kate