Ebay 'deal'???

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ebay 'deal'???
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 08:16:24 -0700
Well, I am redoing a nice California kept '72 for my honey...
got most of it in real nice shape but the dash was plug ugly even with one
of those plastic dashtoppers in place (lrg cracks in plastic covered foam
dash filled with bondo covered with black 'flocking'!)

Anyway, I saw a NOS metal dash as came originally on non US '73 Midget LHD
advertised on ebay, bid on it and won.

It arrives in nice shape and I admire it for a couple of minutes before
realizing that it is the dash 'face' not the whole dash...in other words,
there is another piece that goes along the top of the dash that appears to
be padded from the pics I have seen running all the way from one vent window
to the other. This is the piece I need to find.

I thought about using the plastic dashtopper from my old cracked dash but it
is way fatter and asymetrical as well...the one I need is of even width all
the way across the dashtop.

Does anyone have a line on one of these?
or even a good photo?

I may end up fabricating something but I would like to see how it was
supposed to go, Before I start.

thanks
Bill