Re: Mini questions

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: Mini questions
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 20:27:36 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill Hunt wrote:
> Trying to figure out how to pull the driveshafts out so we can get the
> engine out of the Mini. Anybody have any tricks and/or tips?

Bill

I used to do this every Saturday when my son had his Mini.
We made up a short chain and used 2 fire in oil spark plug extenders.
Screwed them into #1 and #4 plug holes, to yank the engine at the
correct angle.
We also welded the nuts to the motor mounts, that saves a lot of time
when dropping it back in.
And I think we used to pull the axles out from the wheel side not the U
joint side. After a couple trys, we would pull it out and stick it back
in sometimes in an hour or so. Just DO NOT drop any tools, nuts, bolts,
etc down the carb side of the engine, it always gets lost somewhere in
the shifter and jams it up. At least it did on the set up we had.
Good luck

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ