towing a bugeye + story

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: towing a bugeye + story
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 22:21:14 -0500 from [4.47.165.50] at Sat, 10 May 2003 22:19:37 -0500
I used the Uhaul car carrier for my bugeye.  Towing went well, loading it was
altogether different.  I bought my '60 sprite last summer.  I drove it to the
Uhaul place, which was also a small engine dealer.  While I filled out the
paperwork, a semi was unloading lawnmowers at said dealership.  I hooked up
the trailer while my wife attempted to pull "Moneypenney" up to the trailer.
Simultaneously, the aforementioned semi pulled away from the loading dock
(several thousand pounds lighter).  With his suspension less compressed, he no
longer fit under the overhead power lines.  As the truck moved forward, the
power pole leaned and the lines snapped and fell literally inches from
moneypenney's front end.  Immediately following my wife's nervous breakdown we
switched drivers.  I lined up the wheels and attempted to drive up the ramps.
The front end made it, the back tires slipped off.  The ramps are wide enough,
the traction dimples are not.  One of the plusses spridgets have is that a
couple of guys can lift up the back end and move it at will.  We made it home
without a scratch on person or car, but barely.

Brandon (I've been lurking) Zelazoski