[no subject]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:59:47 -0400 jwimkrs1.na.jci.com/NA/Johnson_Controls(601HF2 | February 19, 2003) at 05/14/2003 07:04:22 PM
>>Some folks wrap the exhaust sytem, but that traps too
>>much heat and fries the components.

Or some wrap their headers with tape because it makes more power, by
keeping the heat in the system.  It doesn't do well with the longevity of
the header though as it will rust at a faster rate.

Although , Jet Hot coat quoted me $137 to jet hot my header today.  Inside
and out, drastically reduces radiating heat from the header, and will no
doubt reduce heat going into your cabin as well. Has possibility of
increasing HP 1-3%, reduces underhood heat by 40 deg.

My race car has its entire exhaust system jet hot coated as the exhaust
passes throught the trans tunnel and THAT makes some terrible heat right
next to you!!

 I seem to have the same problem with my car as well.  After a 40 min drive
to work in my Sprite in summer my feet feel like they are about to
spontaneously combust.I thought of putting a thin sheet (16 ga) of aluminum
in the floor boards to help out with this problem, but haven't tried it out
yet.

Brock